May 2005 – May 2007 (2 years 1 month)
Managed a group of 20 business analysts supporting PeopleSoft and other HRMS related applications for a large company specializing in hospitality, marketing, and travel (click here or on the logo above). Responsibilities included integration of PeopleSoft with Oracle Financials and adapting my team to a new outsourced IT provider. Accomplishments of the Carlson HRIS team during my tenure:
- Transitioned all IT development work from on-site Carlson developers to IBM staff in India and Canada.
- Upgraded from PeopleSoft version 8.3 to 8.9 during a 6-month window.
- Converted 4,000+ employees from ADP to PeopleSoft as part of a 2006 Carlson-Wagonlit Travel acquisition.
- Evaluated and selected new software for reporting/analytics and learning management.
- Began requirements definition for collecting global employee data.
- Built a network of “power users” within the Carlson operating groups.
- Cut $450K from a $6+M budget by recruiting for and filling 9 staff positions to replace 7 contractors
- Restructured the group to create career ladders and “Lead” positions.